The 2019 elections are around the corner and here are the five top searches according to Google Trends.
The 2019 elections are taking place sometime in May. President Cyril Ramaphosa is set to announce the date during the State of the Nation Address (SONA) in parliament on 7 February 2019. The Independent Electoral Commission (IEC) confirmed that 700 000 new voters registered during the final registration weekend (25 and 26 January), bringing the total number of registered voters on the voters roll to 26 727 921. Social media has been abuzz since the election campaigns began. Here are some of the hot topics that South Africans have been searching for on Google:
1. The month of January saw a peak of interest around the elections 2019:
2. Top searched party in SA in the last week:
3. Top searched candidate in SA in the last week:
4. Top cities searching for elections in the last week:
5. Top provinces searching for elections in the last week: