- 175g SPAR Oats
- 250ml SPAR Fat-Free
- 500 ml water
- 400ml can SPAR Coconut Milk Lite
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) Soft light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) ground cinnamon
- a good grating of nutmeg, plus extra to serve
- pinch of salt
FOR THE COMPOTE
- 3 tablespoon (45 ml) light soft brown sugar
- 3 oranges, peeled and sliced
- 200g fresh or frozen mixed berries
- Mix the oats, milk, coconut milk, sugar, spices and a pinch of salt in a saucepan. Set over a low heat and cook for about 10 mins, stirring every now and then to prevent the porridge from sticking, until it’s thick and creamy – add a splash more milk if you like it thinner.
- Meanwhile, prepare the compote. Put the sugar and 2 tablespoons of water in a frying pan and heat to dissolve the sugar. Once bubbling, add the oranges and berries. Stir, then turn up the heat and leave to bubble for a few minutes until most of the liquid evaporates and the compote becomes thick and sticky.
- To serve, spoon the porridge into bowls, top with the orange & berry compote and an extra grating of nutmeg.
Hints & Tips
This recipe is wonderful if entertaining guests for breakfast.