Crunchy chicken bites with a delicious dip ideal for a lunchtime snack or casual dinner. Tender on the inside and crunchy on the outside.
- 600g SPAR skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 125ml SPAR brown bread flour
- 5ml SPAR chicken spice
- 5ml dried mixed herbs
- 2 large SPAR eggs
- 750ml SPAR cornflakes, finely crushed
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Line a large baking sheet with baking paper and spray with non-stick spray.
- Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Combine flour, chicken spice, and mixed herbs in a shallow dish.
- Beat eggs and place in another shallow dish.
- Place the crushed cornflakes in a third dish.
- Coat each chicken piece in flour, shaking off any excess.
- Then, dip in egg. Roll in the cornflakes, shaking off any excess.
- Place the chicken bites on the prepared baking sheet. Lightly spray each with non-stick spray to “seal” the coating.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Turn each piece over and continue baking until the outside is crisp and the centers are cooked through approximately another 6-8 minutes.
- Serve chicken bites on skewer sticks.
Hints & Tips
Baked chicken bites freeze well for up to 2-3 months. Bake frozen chicken in a 180°C oven for 20 minutes or until warmed through.