A stove that was left unattended set blaze of fire

    0
    68

    Scores of residents at 3rd Avenue and Rooth in Alexandra are rebuilding their shacks following the fire blaze that left them homeless on Sunday morning.No fatalities were reported, apart from important documents that were lost in the fire. According to an eyewitness, the fire is caused by a stove that was left unattended. One of the eyewitnesses explains, however, Ward 75 Councillor, Sannie Machina told ALEX FM News that heavy drinking it’s a worrying factor as the same thing also happened last year where shacks caught fire due to heavy drinking. Mavhona said Jhb Disaster Management provided the devasted families with food, blankets and mattresses, adding that there is no alternative accommodation for the families.

    Source: ALEX FM Radio